Thursday, August 30, 2012

We welcomed baby Amillia Faye Bernard to our family on July 28. She came in at 7 lbs 7 oz 21 inches long at 1:30 pm. We had her in the hospital on base, which was a different experience. We were overdue by 8 days and so the Dr decided to start us. We went in at 7:30 in the morning, did some blood tests, and then they started the pitocen at 11:30. I was trying to go as far as I could without any pain meds, I think I made it about an hour...but when I got to the point of asking for it, they were in the middle of an emergency with another mother, so i couldn't get it. It was the most intense labor ever and I hve never been in so much pain. there was no time in between contractions and we were ready to push in less than 2 hours. The Dr and nurses barely had time to catch her.






No comments:

Post a Comment